Theme : “Managing Transitions for Empowerment: Sri Lanka Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow”
The Editorial Committee for the Annual Research Symposium of the Faculty of Arts, University of Colombo invites abstracts/extended abstracts to be considered for presentation at the International Research Conference (IConArts 2016) in October 2016. The abstracts should be based on original research work. All accepted abstracts will be published in the Proceedings Book of the Annual Research Symposium 2016, University of Colombo.
Abstracts in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences are to be submitted under the following sub-themes:
* Sri Lanka in transition: Dynamics, Discontents and Prospects
* Assessing religious contributions in managing transitions
* Transition in Transformations: Language and culture
* Responsibility to Protect: Beyond borders
The deadline for submission of the abstracts: 25th July 2016
To be considered, each submission should include the following documents.
1. Abstract – not exceeding 300 words
2. Extended abstract (inclusive of background, objectives, research design/materials and methods, results/ findings, conclusions) – not exceeding 1000 words
- The author’s declaration form.
Guidelines for preparation of the abstracts and extended abstracts are attached. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Please note that abstracts/extended abstracts not prepared according to the guidelines provided, or submitted after the deadline, will not be considered.
Authors should send in their abstracts/extended abstracts to the Faculty Editor through e-mail to email@example.com on or before 25th July 2016.